Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lifestyle Change

Reagan and I decided to make a few changes when school started this year. We are affectionately calling this project "Lifestyle Change 2012." Obviously, we think we are hysterical.

Here's the deal. Reagan will be busy this year. Like, 18 hour days busy. In order to spend time with my hard working husband, I need to have my evenings free to hang out at the law school, go to events, etc. How do I free up my evenings? Work out in the morning....

Honestly, this was NOT my idea. I have a normal office job, hence I don't have to study after 5 p.m.  My husband, on the other hand, has his nose in a law book most evenings. He suggested we get up and go to the gym together before work/school, then we I have more spare time in the evenings to be a dedicated law student spouse. I gladly agreed to this plan because I am not-so-secretly hoping it will cure Reagan's insomnia and help him sleep like a normal human being. (Law student sleeping problems are a whole other post!)

Last first day of law school

So, we are two days into Lifestyle Change 2012 a.k.a. 5 a.m. wake up call. How's it going? Not terrible. On Day One, the extra hour in the morning was the only time we saw each other, so it was worth it in my book.

The second part of our lifestyle change project is our meals. Since we are constantly running in two different directions, I'm making it a point to plan and prep meals for the entire week to avoid defaulting to Taco Bueno.

Meals this week include:
I generally take leftovers or an "everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" salad for lunch; however, I'm struggling with lunches for Reagan. He says he will eat a turkey sandwich every day for lunch, but how long before that gets old? I would love suggestions on man-friendly, not too heavy lunches.

Vegetable and quinoa salad
So there you have it. Lifestyle Change 2012. Stay tuned. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment