Thursday, March 01, 2012

Life in Lubbock

ESPN posted this article yesterday spotlighting Baylor's "home turf" of Waco. The article definitely made me miss Waco, and made me even more proud to be a Baylor alum. While I haven't visited Waco near enough since I graduated, living in Lubbock has its perks.
When I headed off to Baylor almost five years ago, I never dreamed in 10 million years that I would move back to the West Texas area. That's what happens when you meet a cute boy in college. Granted, I grew up in New Mexico, but Lubbock was the "big city" where we came to shop, watch college sports, and attend concerts.
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to be in Central Texas where almost all of my friends live. However, Reagan is here, so Lubbock is home. For those of you who have never (and probably will never) live in Lubbock, here's an idea of what Lubbock life is like.

·        Its 90 miles from my hometown. After living in Waco for four years, it is so nice to live close to my family again. Reagan and I get a lot of free dinners from my parents this way. Not to mention, I have a nephew that I love to spoil!

·        It's not humid. I think I've had more good hair days in the past eight months than I did my entire four years in Waco.

·        It's a college town. If I'm completely honest, Lubbock has more of a "college town" vibe than Waco. Everyone here eats, sleeps, and breathes Texas Tech. There are hole-in-the-wall restaurants, concerts, free activities, tons of young people, and plenty collegiate sporting events to watch.

·        There is no traffic. I'll say it again. There is no traffic. None. Even when all 30,000 students return from summer vacation, it doesn't take more than eight minutes to get to work.

·        Lubbock is our first home. It seems that Lubbock is mine and Reagan's own little world. We made friends, found a church, got married, and first lived together here.  Wherever we move from here, Lubbock will always be special for that reason!

Now that I’ve confessed that I actually like living here, I will tell you – we are always those people wearing green and gold on Friday’s. Sic ‘em.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment