Friday, March 02, 2012

Real World Fridays

The biggest adjustment to entering the "real world" for me has been Fridays. Starting work at 8 a.m.? No problem. Wearing business clothes every day? Not that bad. No studying and getting a paycheck? I definitely like that.

Working until 5 p.m. every Friday? Boooo.

Freshman year of college you are still in the "5 day week" mindset. Junior year? The weekend starts on Thursday. By the time senior year rolls around, you are mentally checked out on Wednesday. So, when I started my full-time job I came to the realization that Fridays aren't the days I get to shop with my friends and catch up on the DVR.

Reagan, on the other hand, conveniently doesn't have class on Friday, so I give him a death glare every Friday morning at 8:10 a.m. 7:50 a.m. when I'm running out the door.

I hope someone out there can sympathize with that anxious Friday feeling. I normally end up drinking ten cups of coffee, listening to Pandora way too loud, and walking laps around my office building to keep from going stir crazy.

Happy Friday!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment