I consulted with my fellow newlywed best friend Rebecca and came up with a ton of gifts we love, love, love. Here's the first of a few buying guides for anyone attending weddings this summer, and I know there are a lot of you out there. First up, the kitchen!
1. Crate and Barrel Mixing Bowls: I didn't register for mixing bowls from Crate and Barrel, but after two sets of mixing bowl disasters (i.e. breaking); I decided to go with these. I have the white set, and I've been happy with their durability and the way they stack to save room.
2. Veggie Chop: Rebecca says, "Small enough so that it's easy to store, but it can fit a good chunk of an onion or bell pepper."
3. French Press with Illy Coffee: This would be a good gift for the coffee snob. After getting this as a gift, we have officially crossed into "coffee snob" territory.
4. Grind and Brew Coffee Maker: Rebecca says, "I leave the coffee beans in the airtight top and in the morning you just put how many cups you want and it grinds the amount you need. You can also pick the strength so it will do more or less. Awesome."
5. Kitchen Aid Mixer: I swear the food you make in a Kitchen Aid just tastes better. Reagan took a picture of me the first time I used my mixer because I have been waiting all my life (ok - actually just the 6 months between registering and our first shower) to own one. There are also a ton of attachments (meat grinder, ice cream maker, etc. that make great gifts!)
6. Taste of Home Cookbook: I have said it before, and I will say it again - I cook 75% of our meals from recipes in this cookbook. I call it my cooking Bible because it has recipes, cooking and food preparation methods, and detailed information about almost all food. For example, I didn't know how long to grill a pork chop, but I looked it up in the "Pork" section. It's nothing too fancy, just normal people food.
7. Texas Cutting Board: Our house wouldn't be complete without Texas kitchen accessories.
Now, I'm interested to hear, what's the most used tool/accessory in your kitchen?? Pin It